Tax return 2021 Luzern: Get it done for you online now

Share this post!

Bringing your tax return to your tax advisor and doing all the paperwork is too much of a hassle for you as well?

The new digital method of, takes all the work off your shoulders now.

Now simply upload documents for your tax return 2021 Luzern and ajooda’s tax experts will do the rest for you. Digital, fast and secure with ajooda – your partner for finances and taxes.

6 tax deductions that are often missed

When the stressful phase comes along and all the paperwork has to be collected, tax deductions go forgotten more often than you can imagine. Of course, we always point out to our customers if something is missing. Nevertheless, you shouln’t forget the following points when uploading the documents:

  1. Costs for weekly commute (double accommodation, transport)
  2. Deductions of debt interest
  3. Donations
  4. Educational costs
  5. Alimony payments
  6. Childcare costs

Withholding tax Luzern

Foreign employees, without a C permit, who work in Switzerland are subject to withholding tax. The employer must deduct this directly from the salary and deliver it to the tax authorities.

The withholding tax is automatically collected by the employer on a monthly basis and includes federal, cantonal and municipal income tax.

Anyone who is subject to withholding tax, lives abroad or whose annual gross income from employment does not exceed CHF 120’000 (in Geneva even CHF 500’000) does not have to complete the tax return 2021 Luzern.

The tax burden depends on factors such as marital status, employment status of the partner, dependent children, religious affiliation and certain fixed-rate tax deductions.

The withholding tax deduction is the final tax liability, unless one is entitled to claim tax deductions (such as in the list above). Anyone wishing to claim these tax deductions must apply for a withholding tax adjustment (Quellensteuerberichtigung), which is approved in most cases.

Tax return 2021 Luzern: What do I have to consider when moving?

You are taxable in the municipality in which you have your residence on 31 December (exceptions: Zurich, Nidwalden, Obwalden and Glarus, on 1 January). Therefore its wise, if possible, to wait until January before moving to a more expensive place of residence for tax purposes.

On the other hand, you should complete your move before the end of the year if you are moving to a more tax-friendly place. For example, you can live in a higher taxed location from January 1 to December 30 and still benefit from the low tax rate of your new community because you moved on December 31.

The only two exceptions to this are the cantons of Fribourg and Neuchâtel. This is because the taxes are divided in the communities of these cantons. Taxes are due in both communes where you lived during the year.

Take a look at our most recent posts