To ensure that you don’t forget anything when filing your 2021 tax return, we have compiled a Swiss tax return checklist for you.
In order to ensure fast and correct processing of your tax return 2021 in Switzerland, please submit the necessary documents and information.
Swiss Tax Return Checklist
For 1st Person (+ spouse if any)
- Barcode sheet of the tax office
- Wage statement main & secondary occupations
- Unemployed => RAV Payment (Unemployment insurance aka ALV)
- Pensioner => Pension certificate
- Student => Student card
- Place of work (street/postcode)
- By Car => how many km (both ways)?
- Public transport => annual subscription costs? (receipt)
- Other means of transport
- Bank statements (interest statement of 31.12.2021)
- Health Insurance Cost Statement
- Roman Catholic, Christian Catholic, Reformed or other?
Only needed if applicable
- 3rd pillar / life insurances
- Expenses for medical costs
- Cost sharing (cost & premium overview)
- Loans / Mortgages
- Alimony received or paid?
- Support contributions
- Stocks and securities
- Professional expenses (lunch, professional clothes etc.)
- Education and training costs
- First & last name
- Date of birth
- Apprentice or student?
- Vehicle name, year of purchase, purchase price
- Appraisal notice (Schatzungsanzeige) from the appraisal office of your municipality (details such as plotNo, year of construction & appraisal, catastral value, etc.).
- Renovation costs